Nutty, chocolaty goodness is how I describe these delicious Nutella Cupcakes!! You cannot go wrong with these, whether it’s for a birthday or just because you HAVE to have them! 🙂
Another very simple chocolate cupcake recipe and if you already know how to make a basic buttercream recipe, then it won’t take you long at all to bake these beauties!
Let’s get baking…
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe:
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Baking Time: 22 minutes
- Makes 12 Cupcakes
- 100g (3/4 cup) Self-raising flour (OR you can use All Purpose Flour and add 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder)
- 25g (¼ cup) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 125g (1 cup) White Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 140g Butter (unsalted and softened)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1½ tablespoons Milk (whole or skimmed)
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES:
1.Preheat your oven to 170°C / 340°F. Place cupcake cases into your baking tin or grease your tin with some butter.
2.Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cocoa powder in a separate bowl and set aside.
3.Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each one. Then add your dry, sifted ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. You can go ahead and add the milk and vanilla extract and mix that in.
4.Spoon even amounts of batter into your baking tin and bake for 22 minutes or until a skewer (or toothpick) comes out clean.
5.When your cupcakes are done, transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
Nutella Buttercream Recipe
- 100g (½ cup) Butter (unsalted and softened)
- 150g (½ cup) Nutella
- 225g (2 cups) Icing/Powdered Sugar (i always suggest tasting your buttercream and deciding if you want to add more or less as everyone’s taste is different)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Milk
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
1.Beat the butter for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the nutella and mix again for about 2 to 3 minutes.
2.Sift the icing sugar and add half of it at a time to the butter mixture. Mix well after each addition.
3.Finally, add the milk and check the consistency. If you want it thicker, add less and if you prefer it a little looser, add more. It is all up to you and your taste preferences!!
4.Your Nutella Buttercream is now ready and you can choose a fun piping tip or just use a knife to frost your yummy chocolate cupcakes.
If you love chocolate then be sure to check out my recipe for Chocolate cake or Fudgy Brownies!!