There is not much more satisfying than making your own homemade soft, fluffy dinner rolls! Lather on some good old butter while they’re still warm and fresh out of the oven. Mmm…it’s the little pleasures in life! So I’m here to share my Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe with you and I hope you enjoy making AND eating them!
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 250ml (1 cup) Lukewarm Water (43°C/110°F)
- In a bowl or jug, place the water, yeast and sugar and set aside for about 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add in the yeast mixture, egg and oil and start combining. You can do this by hand or with your stand mixer and the dough hook attachment.
- Once the dough has come together, transfer it to a floured surface and knead until it becomes smooth, yet slightly stocky. In a stand mixer, mix until the dough looks smooth and pulls away cleanly from the edges.
- Form a ball with the dough and place it in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- When your dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. You can put some flour on your hands so that the dough doesn’t stick to your hands too much and it makes it easier to work with.
- Divide your dough into 12 equal sizes and roll into balls. Grease and line a baking dish and place your dough balls into the dish, covering it with tea towel or plastic wrap.
- Let the rolls rise again for another hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Now, they are ready to be baked! Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the tops. As soon as they come out of the oven, brush the tops with some melted butter.