Cupcakes shouldn’t be difficult to whip up at all and that’s why I have my go-to recipe and I want to share it with you! When your kids want a sweet treat or you have to prepare something for a school party, use this fool-proof recipe and you will have success every time!
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Baking Time: 22 minutes
- Makes 12 Cupcakes
- 125g (1 cup) Self-raising Flour (OR you can use All Purpose Flour and add 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder)
- 125g (1 cup) of White Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 125g (½ cup) Butter (unsalted & softened)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1½ tablespoons Milk (whole or skimmed)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA CUPCAKES:
Preheat your oven to 170°C / 340°F. Prepare your muffin/cupcake tin with paper cases or grease with butter.
Start by mixing your butter until light & fluffy (about 3-5 minutes). Add the sugar and cream together with the butter. Once the butter and sugar is well combined, add the eggs one at a time.
Sift the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet mixture.
Once the wet & dry ingredients are well combined, add the milk and vanilla essence. Mix again until all the ingredients are combined, but don’t mix for too long, just until it all comes together and you can no longer see wet or dry patches of ingredients in the batter.
Bake your cupcakes for 22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
When your cupcakes are done, transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.